January 2017 Board Minutes

DSHOA Board Meeting Minutes

January 17, 2017

Real Manage Conference Room

9601 Amberglen, Suite 1250

Meeting called to order at 6:00pm, adjourned at 7:39pm by Karen McGrath, President.

Next Meeting: Feb. 21, 2017

In attendance; Board members Karen McGrath, Randy Reavis, Dan Harrison, Bob Podnar. Jennifer Payne, Association Manager Representing Real Manage.

RESIDENT CONCERNS:

Marc Fraser informed to board that the west basketball backboard needs to be replaced. The board ask Jennifer to get estimates on replacing both backboards and making needed repairs.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Social: Christina Magaha, discussed the Spring Fling for March and Spring Social Hour. No decisions were made. June will be her last month as Social Chairperson. She will continue as Pool Committee Chairperson.

Zoning & Development: Al Martin stated that the road connecting Avery Ranch Blvd and RR 620 may be completed within the next 10 months.

Architectural Review: Prashant Gadgil, Real Manage has initiated a new and more efficient ARC review process. Request can now be tracked more efficiently and should speed up the process.

OLD BUSINESS:

Budget: The only discussion concerned the expense for patrolling the neighborhood for overnight street parking violations. It was stated that although the money is budgeted, it does not have to be spent. Karen moved adoption, Randy seconded. The measure passed.

Solar Panel Policy: The board reviewed the policy formulated by the HOAs attorneys. Dan moved adoption, Randy seconded. The policy was approved as submitted. As soon as it’s filed with the county it will be available on www.RealManage.com and www.DavisSpring.org.

Playground Equipment Maintenance: The board is waiting for estimates.

Security Camera Policy: The board reviewed the policy formulated by the HOAs attorneys. Karen moved adoption, Bob seconded. The policy was approved as submitted. As soon as it’s filed with the county it will be available on www.RealManage.com and www.DavisSpring.org.

Terra Verde Light Pole: The board reviewed the bids. Jennifer was asked to check with our the HOA’s Insurance Company to see if the pole is covered by our policy. She will report at the next scheduled Board Meeting.

Reserve Account: The board decided to move some of the some of the Reserve funds to a Annuity to receive a better interest rate.

NEW BUSINESS:

Mail Box Package Keys: Marc Fraser volunteered to monitor the mailboxes to try and determine how many keys are missing. He will report back to the board.

Parking Monitor: The board discussed the cost/benefit of monitoring street over night parking which is a violation of HOA covenants. There was no change in the current policy at this time.

Annual Meeting: The date for the annual meeting was set for Tuesday, March 21st pending the availability of Lord of Life Lutheran Church.

Respectfully submitted

Dan Harrison, Secretary